Tara Clinic - Sonography Center in Pune
Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to create real-time images of organs, muscles and blood flow inside the body. Along with pathology examinations are some of the most usual diagnostic examinations requested by doctors. Although many people relate to these tests simply as ultrasound scans, when specific ultrasound is used for medicinal investigation it is known as sonography.
As well as being used for analysis, sonography can also be used to guide medical interventions. Examples of this include fine-needle tissue biopsy e.g. taking samples of breast tissue to test for cancer, or injecting medication into bones and soft tissue e.g. cortisone injections.
Sonography can be used to test many parts of the body. This makes it very useful for diagnosing and guiding executives for, a range of medical situations. Some examples of the kinds of sonography and what they are used to study include:
- Stomach and chest – organs in the body including lungs, liver, kidneys, spleen and more
- Breasts – breast tissue, including breast pieces
- Cardiac – chambers, muscle and valves of the heart
- Gynaecological – female reproductive system
- Musculoskeletal – muscles, tendons, joints
- Obstetric – fetus, cervix and placenta during pregnancy
- Pediatric – specific applications of ultrasound in babies and children
- Little parts – male reproductive system; neck and thyroid
- Vascular – blood vessels throughout the body